Friday, July 11, 2008

Summer Camp Ranch Preview

So, I think my husband took our camera with him on the scout trip because I was going to post 4th of July pics, but I can't find the camera! So, here is a preview of what is coming up!
Next week Pace and I are going to the Summer Camp! The Summer Camp is basically just some prime land that my madre inherited in SW Colorado. I'm not sure why we call it the Summer Camp, I think it is because this is where the cowboys used to to stay when they brought the cows up to the mountains to "summer". We are having a mini Lambert Family Reunion there, my nephews are here from the East, and my brothers and their families will be there. We usually just ride 4-wheelers and horses, shoot guns, and sit on the porch and enjoy the scenery. There is a small, very old cabin with running water and indoor plumbing, so it is not true camping, but I will get my camping fix because we will build a fire and have my all-time favorite treat, S'mores! As shown in the picture below from last year!

The view from the front porch.

mmmmmmmmmm!

Check out more really beautiful pictures at Summer Camp Ranch.

2 comments:

mycattripoli said...

it sounds sooo great! i hope thte trip is wonderful!

Caitlyn Andrus said...

s'mores when I come home? Otay!! (big, sloppy, sticky, mouth-watering ones.) YES!